Friday, November 21, 2008

Spreading the Hope

When my mom was here a few weeks ago, we visited the Botanical Gardens and then chatted as we walked down to the mall before we had to part ways. When we got to the mall, there was some sort of giant event going on. I had no idea what it was, but there were tons of people and music and booths. I thought maybe it was some sort of crafts festival or something - which would get me super excited. I was wrong.

We had stumbled upon Tents of Hope. I had never heard of it before, but it was a really beautiful thing to see. Dozens and dozens of tents that have been decorated and are being sent to refugee camps in Darfur. A lot of them were simply gorgeous.








I opened the flap on one and stepped inside. Gorgeous or not, I cannot imagine the lives of those people. I pray that the beautiful designs on the tents and the spirit in which they were sent may give them some hope in the midst of all of their sorrow.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com