Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Other people's blogs are great

My blog this time around seems to be a lot more about other people's blogs than it ever was before, which is good when I'm not feeling very inspired. Other people are super inspired! And inspiring! One of those inspiring folks that I love to read is jen over at one plus two, and she's got a great post up about registering homeless people to vote. I'll just give you a taste.

When you are inside the voting booth no one knows if you have a home or not. It's that one moment in time where everyone is equal and everyone gets to have their say and that's what I like best about this, encouraging folks to seize that no matter their circumstances because this is their right, their freedom, and while poverty takes away almost everything that matters it doesn't get to take away that.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com