Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It was bound to happen

I have a blog crush.

For those of you I've been reading all along, I don't know how to tell you that it's not you. I hope you won't take it too hard.

It's just that a new blog came into my life, and...I'm smitten.

Maybe it's because there's part of me that longs for the life represented in this blog. (Hat tip to the babe for her belief that crushes - mine in particular, apparently - are more about personal identification than desire)

At any rate, meet The Pioneer Woman.

To call her blog a blog is really a misnomer. It's more like an online magazine, with sections on photography and writing and cooking and homeschooling and home improvement projects. And beautiful photos. And long stories about her life.

But lots of blogs have that, you're saying.

I know.

But do lots of blogs have a woman who lived in LA and was studying for the LSAT, happened to meet a cowboy, fell in love and followed him to a ranch in Oregon, where they had 4 children and lived happily ever after?

No! No, they do not!


Really, it's much like the story of a young Washington DC law student who met an organic farming girl, fell in love and then...stayed in law school...hmm...

But a girl can dream, can't she? Of a house in the country with my love, where we have a garden and renovate a beautiful lodge? Where I make amazing dishes and cupcakes with fondant? Where we have precious children, and I'm an amazing photographer? Where the babe wears chaps? :)


Ah, babe, I guess you're right. It's all identification for me. Now, what do you think of these? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm anti-fringe. I feel mixed about the chaps generally. I don't want to be a poser, so i would only wear the chaps if there was a good reason to. Since I don't ride horses, I don't see chaps as a frequent accessory, but perhaps we can put aside some "special" time for them ;-)

:)Ibti said...

Have we not talked about Stranger Than Fiction? Quit law school and become a baker. A garden and beautiful renovated home would be a bonus. And you'd need a good camera to take pics of your life and make us all jealous. (At the moment I only have cookie and apartment envy, but there is potential for more.) ;)

Lady Living Well said...

Too funny! I discovered Ree about a year and a half ago. I'm a 1L, so right after finals I have to catch up on the story - I've been away for way too long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com